Call for Board Members
Are you looking for a unique leadership opportunity? Have you been yearning to put your talent in strategic thinking, financial forecasting, fundraising, or project management in the service of a great cause?
North Akron Community Development Corporation is looking for leaders like you to join our board of directors. In the last year and a half, NACDC has grown exponentially and our volunteer board has been the strategic heart of our organization, ensuring that in our work for our community, we deliver real results, respond to changes in our community and always deliver the highest ethical standards to be worthy of our public support.
If you are one or more of the following, we’d like to talk to you:
● Energetic and entrepreneurial business people, who are not already overextended with other commitments, eager to put their enthusiasm for changing the world to work for our children.
● Community leaders and philanthropists willing to engage their peers to assure a thriving North Akron community.
● Leaders at our partner agencies — economic development, education, social justice, child and youth services — interested in building strong programs with us.
● Health care professionals – pediatricians, public health, health associations – dedicated to helping historically excluded communities grow and thrive.
● Residents, workers, and leaders in North Hill who have a demonstrated talent, joy and energy in chairing successful fundraising events and promotions.
● Accountant or financial expert is especially needed at this time.
If you hold yourself to high expectations, then you’ll find board service very rewarding. We are looking for folks who will:
● Attend six board meetings annually
● Actively serve on one of our committees: Board Governance, Finance, Special Projects, and Fundraising
● Advocate for our needs in the community and among your colleagues and peers
● Be always curious to learn more about the field of economic development, creative placemaking, and building social cohesion.
● Make a personal, charitable contribution to NACDC, at whatever amount they are able to give.
If you have any questions, please contact Katie Beck at (234) 312-9709 ext. 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
CATEGORIES: BETTER BLOCK PROJECTS
TAGS: AKRON | EXCHANGE HOUSE